Vaclav Mashek and Rosalie Soukup
Husband Vaclav Mashek
AKA: Vaclav Masek Born: 11 Sep 1838 - Robcice, House 9, , , Czech Republic Christened: 12 Sep 1838 - Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virigin, Plana, Hromnice, Plzen-sever, Czech Republic Died: 4 Apr 1892 Buried: - St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery, West, McLennan County, Texas
Father: Jan Masek (Cir 1815- ) Mother: Katerina Somickova (Abt 1819-1865)
Marriage: 17 Feb 1862 - Plasy, , , Czech Republic
1. Place: From the website of the village kozojedy, Robcice, , , Czech Republic. The village is situated above the picturesque valley of Berounka 9 km south of Kralovice. First recorded history as the year 1378, when it owner John Henry, leased it from Dubjan of Rabštejn. After the Hussite wars destroyed half the village, it came into the possession of the Lords of Kolovrat. In Florian won the 1571 Gryspek village and joined it to kacerovskému estate. After the mid-17th century, in the year 1660, he village had only three farms and plow yard. At the beginning of 1670 the 17th Wed Plasy bought the village monastery. When building Býkov Court was canceled the same name village, from which
6 farmers Plasy transferred to the abbot Tyttl r.1702 Robcic where they had build cottages. Today it is a small settlement at Berounka, which lives only 18 people. The only business in the municipality is a carpentry
The slope along one access road is built several large farmhouses, later divided. In the rear part of the yard No.17 is unique storey timbered granary with two Pavlacka and wooden barn. Near No. 17 is a replica of the original timber bell towers of 1st half. 19th century. and Baroque
stone wayside with rich ornamental decoration made
of red sandstone. Calvary was this year transferred to
MgA Šterbová studio for restoration. From the road in the village is a nice view the spire of the castle Libštejn.
2. Baptism: 12 Sep 1838, Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virigin, Plana, Hromnice, Plzen-sever, Czech Republic.
Translation on the Birth Record of Vaclav Mashek
Father: Jan Masek villager, son of Bartholomew M., cottager (occupation) from Robcice No.9 and Rosalie, born Horova of Robcice No. 10.
Mother: Katherine, daughter of Vojtech Somiček, Pololáník(occupation) of Brízsko no. 12 and Anna, born Mertlová of Brízsko No 10
3. Emigration: 11 Jan 1867, Babina, , , Czech Republic. Entered into the birth record of Rosalie, emigrated "Do Ameriky"
4. Census: Supervisors District 4, Enumeration District 108 Page 19, 17 Jun 1880, Tours, McLennan County, Texas. Name Relation to Head Age
Mashak, V Head 46
-, R Wife 46
-, M Daughter 14
-, A Daughter 11
-, Jo Son 9
-, T Daughter 7
-, M Daughter 3
-, M Daughter 1
Serhartt,L Boarder 23
5. Newspaper Story: Waco Evening News, 4 Apr 1892, Waco, McLennan County, Texas. "A Terrible Accident
Vincent Manchek Instantly Killed by a Runaway Team"
This morning about 11:30 Vincent Mancheka, an old Italian drove his team out of the yard of his son-in-law, A. Fabbre, on North Sixth street on his way to his home at West.
Just as he left the gate his mules became frightend and started to run. They had not gone more than fifty feet when the wheels struck a stump and threw Mancheka under the feet of the mules. Whether they stepped on him or not is not known and possibly never will be for before he could extricate himself one of the wheels struck his head and mashed it into a pulp.
Death was instantaneous for the last breath had left him before the on-lookers could reach him. The deceased was about fifty years of age. Justice Harrison was summoned and an inquest was held this afternoon but verdict was rendered too late for publication.
(Note, The story was printer verbatim, but errors about the spelling of Vince Mashek's name and his ethnicity are pointed out)
Wife Rosalie Soukup
Born: 7 Feb 1838 - Babina, House 29, , Czech Republic Christened: Died: 6 Apr 1910 Buried: - St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery, West, McLennan County, Texas
Father: Vaclav Soukup (Cir 1800- ) Mother: Marie Sebranek (Cir 1800- )
1. Census: Supervisor's District 9, Enumeration District 83, Sheet 13. Justice Pct 3, 12 Jun 1900, McLennan County, Texas.
Name Relation to Head Birthdate Children/living
Masheck, Rose Head Feb 1838 8/5
-----, Katie Daughter Mar 1882
1 F Mary Mashek
Born: Sep 1864 - Robcice, , , Czech Republic Christened: Died: 20 Sep 1900 - West, McLennan County, Texas Buried: - St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery, West, McLennan County, TexasSpouse: John B. Girard Marr: Abt 1882
2 F Anna Mashek
Born: 26 Jul 1869 - Brenham, Washington County, Texas Christened: Died: 20 Nov 1891 - McLennan County, Texas Buried: - Holy Cross Cemetery, Waco, Mclennan, TexasSpouse: Antonio Fabbre Marr: 9 May 1887 - St. Martin's Catholic Church, Tours, McLennan County, Texas
3 M Joseph Anton Mashek
AKA: Mesek, Masek Born: 26 Dec 1870 - Brenham, Washington County, Texas Christened: Died: 1 Oct 1945 Buried: - St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery, West, McLennan County, TexasSpouse: Katherine Bednar Marr: 23 Nov 1891 - St. Martin's Catholic Church, Tours, McLennan County, Texas
4 F Antonie Mashek
AKA: Tonie Mashek Born: 28 Mar 1873 - Brenham, Washington County, Texas Christened: Died: 23 Jun 1955 - West, McLennan County, Texas Buried: - St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery, West, McLennan County, TexasSpouse: Charles W. Smajstrla Marr: 3 Feb 1891 - St. Martin's Catholic Church, Tours, McLennan County, Texas
5 F Mattie Mashek
AKA: Mary Martha Mashek Born: 23 Jan 1877 - McLennan County, Texas Christened: Died: 12 Mar 1961 - Waco, McLennan County, Texas Buried: - Holy Cross Cemetery, Waco, Mclennan, TexasSpouse: Frank Joseph Keton Sr.
6 F Wilhelmina Mashek
Born: Abt 1879 Christened: Died: Buried:
7 F Katherine Mashek
AKA: Katie Mashek Born: 28 Mar 1881 - Fayette County, Texas Christened: Died: 6 Jun 1958 - Fayetteville, Fayette, Texas, USA Buried:Spouse: Otto Ferdinand Knippel Sr. Marr: 21 Feb 1905 - Church of the Assumption, West, McLennan County, Texas